Firstly, hello and thank you for visiting my tumblr page.
My name is Brigid McGaw and I am a busy working doctor and model based in London. Here’s how I got here:
I studied Medicine at the University of Edinburgh, graduating with an MBChB and an additional BSc (hons) in Medical Sciences. After completing my junior doctor years in Scotland, I moved to London in late 2011. Here, I took up a post at The Royal Brompton Hospital in Chelsea, where I gained fantastic experience in the field of cardiology. My interests in medicine include: clinical nutrition, public health, dermatology and community medicine. I am currently undertaking my GP training with the London Imperial scheme.
After being scouted on a rainy trip to London, modeling seemed to be the perfect way to pay my way through student life. Little did I know I would fall in love with the world of photography, fashion, beauty, not to mention all the wonderfully creative people I met along the way.
- ‘Glamour magazine’, ‘Marie-Claire’, ‘Cosmopolitan’, ‘NYLON’, ‘Sunday Times Style magazine, ‘In-Style magazine’.
- Sephora make-up: Beauty campaign shot by Miles Aldridge for L.A Beauty week 2013
- Stella McCartney for Adidas ”My 2012”: I was one of the 12 British women chosen to front the campaign for the London Olympics
- Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games: I am currently working as a style ambassador for this upcoming event
- ‘Simple - Kind to Skin cleansing wipes’: TV commercial with Poppy Delevigne and Lucy Holt
Working in the contrasting worlds of health and fashion has fueled my ever-growing interest in nutritional medicine. I discuss this theme further in my “Philosophy” section.
I am currently undertaking a Masters degree in Nutritional Medicine at the University of Surrey to further my clinical knowledge in this area. At present, I provide nutritional advice and guidance to a select client group. Once I have become an officially registered nutritionist, I hope to expand my clinical practice in this area.